This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: language option segfault
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: language option segfault
- From: Bill Currie <bcurrie at mailhost dot tssc dot co dot nz>
- Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 09:56:53 +1200
- CC: Bill Currie <bcurrie at mailhost dot tssc dot co dot nz>, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Organization: Telecommunication Systems Support Centre
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> Well, what version of the compiler are you using? It is possible
> for us to map from a version # to what sources you are using.
> reporting a bug
Reading specs from
gcc version egcs-2.92.00 19980715 (gcc2 ss-980609 experimental)
> If "documented_lang_options[j].option" was NULL, then the original code
> would pass NULL to "check_lang_option", which would return zero.
But that was where it was dumping core. Could "check_lang_option" have
been modified since I got the `help' changes?
> With your patch we simply do not call check_lang_option, but you still
> have to load the value of documented_lang_options[j].option.
I'm thinking that this has been fixed in another way. If so, just
ignore my patch. I'm supprised *I* had problems, because egcs wouldn't
build, so maybe something got hosed in my source tree.
Leave others their otherness