This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH to rs6000.md, comments?
- To: law at cygnus dot com, Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>, Franz Sirl <Franz dot Sirl-kernel at lauterbach dot com>
- Subject: Re: PATCH to rs6000.md, comments?
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 00:41:03 -0700
- Cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- References: <19980716195844.A31448@dot.cygnus.com> <email@example.com>
- Reply-To: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
On Fri, Jul 17, 1998 at 12:00:54AM -0600, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> Also note, Franz has no copyright assignment, so rth might end up
> having to rewrite the ppc CONSTANT_RTX_P support if it turns into a
> large patch :-)
Heh. I personally don't think it is significant enough. But
the marginally funny bit is that I'd done the work and was
about to post it for approval when I saw Franz' patch.
Anyway, we should find out what went wrong with the bootstrap,
though since __builtin_constant_p never appears in libgcc2.c,
I find it hard to believe that it is related to the CONSTANT_P_RTX
patch. Franz, does it really bootstrap without those changes?