This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- To: khan at xraylith dot wisc dot edu
- Subject: Inappropriate patch?!
- From: Craig Burley <burley at gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 19:29:48 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: law at cygnus dot com, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
Regarding this patch:
Sun Jun 14 23:07:22 1998 Mumit Khan <email@example.com>
* libI77/backspace.c (f_back): Fix backspace for mingw32.
I don't believe this is relevant for egcs since 1.0.3a, as we've
upgraded egcs (in the snapshots, which will become 1.1) to a
new netlib libf2c that doesn't have any of the relevant #if
Same for g77 0.5.23 and later.
Just FYI -- especially since I think I told Jeff Law that applying
this patch to egcs was "okay". Should have checked it out first
myself! The tip-off that it was from a 1.0.x version of egcs
was the full pathname containing `gcc/f/runtime/libI77', since
the `runtime' directory no longer exists (it's now `libf2c' at
the top level of an egcs source directory).
In the future, could you (and everyone) be explicit about *which*
version of egcs (or any product) you're basing your patch on, if
it isn't obvious from ongoing context? It'd help save a bit of
time, something we all tend to be short on.
tq vm, (burley)