This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: A sched.c patch
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: A sched.c patch
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at markmitchell dot com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 08:21:46 -0700
- CC: hjl at lucon dot org, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: mark at markmitchell dot com
>>>>> "Jeffrey" == Jeffrey A Law <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Jeffrey> Given a variety of tidbits from this thread and a
Jeffrey> separate thread with Kenner, Jim, Mark & myself, I
Jeffrey> suspect the problem is an incorrect change to expr.c
Jeffrey> brought over in the last merge. It sets MEM_IN_STRUCT_P
Jeffrey> As a quick test, I reverted Kenner's patch and everything
Jeffrey> works fine again.
Of course, Kenner pointed out, and I think correctly, that his patch
fixes some other test cases. IMO, we should figure out whether to go
to a ternary MEM_IN_STRUCT_P or disable the optimization before we go
to 1.1. Just reverting Kenner's change (as I originally suggested)
probably is not good enough.
Jeffrey> I'm still investigating.
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
Mark Mitchell Consulting http://www.markmitchell.com