This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: regmove.c inconsistencies
- To: john at feith dot com (John Wehle)
- Subject: Re: regmove.c inconsistencies
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 23:45:20 -0600
- cc: egcs at cygnus dot com, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199807130429.AAA17945@jwlab.FEITH.COM>you write:
> The following inconsistencies came up while looking into the i386
> performance regression due to the June 11 regmove change.
Yes, regmove is inconsistent in its handling of REG_N_SETS/REFS.
The code to update the SETS/REFS is slated to go away after egcs-1.1
branches. It was made obsolete by the "count_reg_usage" change.