This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
The use of .cvsrc
- To: pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at (Gerald Pfeifer)
- Subject: The use of .cvsrc
- From: Carlo Wood <carlo at runaway dot xs4all dot nl>
- Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 15:20:34 +0200 (CEST)
- Cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
| RCS file: /egcs/carton/cvsfiles/egcs/gcc/Makefile.in,v
| retrieving revision 1.145
| diff -r1.145 Makefile.in
| < realfile=`echo $$f | sed -e 's|.*/\([^/]*\)$$|\1|'`; \
| < $(INSTALL_DATA) $$f $(infodir)/$$realfile; \
| > $(INSTALL_DATA) $$f $(infodir)/$$f; \
While on http://egcs.cygnus.com/contribute.html we can read:
* The patch itself. If you are accessing the CVS repository at Cygnus,
use "cvs update; cvs diff"; else use "diff -c3p OLD NEW" or
"diff -up OLD NEW".
The result from 'cvs diff' is different from 'diff -cp' when
you don't put the following line in your $HOME/.cvsrc :
(I use a "cvs -z9" in there as well).
Maybe this information should be added to that webpage.
Carlo Wood <firstname.lastname@example.org>
$ cat $HOME/.cvsrc