This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: how to prevent gcc from generating GOT references
- From: Alexander Monakov <amonakov at ispras dot ru>
- To: David Livshin <david dot livshin at dalsoft dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 11:26:01 +0300 (MSK)
- Subject: Re: how to prevent gcc from generating GOT references
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, 21 Jan 2019, David Livshin wrote:
> It definitely can be done; I am using gcc on Fedora and never saw @GOT* ( and
> @PLT ) generated. However on Ubinty, gcc often generates these symbols.
On Ubuntu GCC is configured to emit PIE code by default (via
--enable-default-pie gcc configure option). You can override it with -no-pie
command line flag.