This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: how to disable warning from -flto link ?
- From: Jay Foad <jay dot foad at gmail dot com>
- To: Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 12:30:30 +0000
- Subject: Re: how to disable warning from -flto link ?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANd1uZn+HzGyqKwraz_W3Yb1bQs99edq_1CqM1UXUZ8C=1Zv4g@mail.gmail.com> <b386fb7b-6a41-2ea0-913a-84121a9fc150@gmail.com>
On 3 February 2018 at 18:30, Martin Sebor <msebor@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/31/2018 02:41 AM, Jay Foad wrote:
>
>> See example below: I'm getting warnings emitted by the -flto link stage.
>> I'd like to selectively disable these warnings in my build scripts, but
>> the
>> usual -Wno-* option doesn't seem to have any effect. Is it supposed to
>> work? Is there another way to do it?
>>
>
> It is supposed to work but it doesn't appear to. I don't see
> the warning with your test case where the memset is eliminated
> but I can reproduce it when the array is used. There are at
> least a couple of bugs in Bugzilla for the interaction between
> some warning options and LTO (e.g., 71907 and 79062) but I don't
> know of one that points out that the suppression doesn't work.
> Please go ahead and open one if you have an account, or otherwise
> let me know and I'll open one for you.
>
Thanks. I've opened: https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=84212
Jay.