Re: What is the builtin for _mm_sha256rnds2_epu32?

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 5:39 AM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18 April 2017 at 10:37, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
>> Intrinsics could have worked everywhere, but something else was provided.
>
> Because something else was requested.

Lets clear that up now. Here's the quote of what was requested:

</QUOTE>
Please make all headers for intrinsics be includable without special
compiler flags. [Example redacted].

Not only that, please make all the intrinsics functions be defined and
ready to be used. [Example redacted].
</QUOTE>

> If you want a different change,
> ask for it, don't complain it wasn't provided in response to a
> different request.

I wanted the same thing that was requested, but its a moot point now.
The earliest it would be usable in the mainstream is 5 or 7 years or
so. There's no guarantee it will be implemented, and no guarantee when
a distro will pick it up.

(The example showed freestanding functions that always returned a
constant value. I'd like to use it in member functions, and  functions
that returned something other than a constant too.).

Jeff