Re: building every released version of GCC starting with 4.1.2, with appropriate matching glibc

On 2017-04-08 00:49 +0100, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 8 April 2017 at 00:38, Toebs Douglass <toby@winterflaw.net> wrote:
> > On 08/04/17 01:29, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> > The LFS docs say, as above, that where a C library is not yet available,
> > this option must be used.
>
> No, it doesn't say it *must* be used, it says that using it has a
> particular property which is needed. Not that it's the only way to
> achieve that.

Some references about building cross toolchains also use "make all-gcc"
and "make install-gcc" to install a GCC without target libgcc at first,  Then
use this GCC to build target libc (glibc or newlib).  With the libc installed,
we can build complete GCC (with target libraries).
--
Xi Ruoyao <ryxi@stu.xidian.edu.cn>