This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: building gcc 4.9.2 on Solaris 5.10 SPARC fails
- From: Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea dot de>
- To: gcc-help <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 12:38:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: building gcc 4.9.2 on Solaris 5.10 SPARC fails
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170125102913.GA2262@c720-r292778-amd64> <CAH6eHdTDZiNWo8+9UtdS54WP+_HCLZa2vSRmRFemVEZoLzy13A@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea dot de>
El día Wednesday, January 25, 2017 a las 11:24:01AM +0000, Jonathan Wakely escribió:
> It looks like you don't have a usable assembler:
>
> /export/home/guru/OpenSource/gcc-4.9.2-obj/./gcc/as: -Qy: not found
>
> Try looking in /export/home/guru/OpenSource/gcc-4.9.2-obj/./gcc/as to
> see what ORIGINAL_AS_FOR_TARGET is set to.
Thanks for the feedback. I've already figured out, that the 'as' was not
found, because /usr/ccs/bin was not in PATH. I set this with
'--with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as' and as well for 'ld'. I would rather call it
a bug to need 'as' directly, but can not found it and do not clearly
say this as 'need assembler as, but nothing to be found'.
> Also, you're making your life difficult by installing gmp, mpfr and
> mpc like that. See https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/InstallingGCC and use the
> contrib/download/prerequisites script.
I wanted to do it this way to control later the ABI=64 versions. Thanks
for the hint.
matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/ ☎ +49-176-38902045