This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
-march=<name of native> doesn't seem to set flags -march=native does?
- From: Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 18:05:22 -0600
- Subject: -march=<name of native> doesn't seem to set flags -march=native does?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
As a note after a discussion 
I ran into this oddness:
$ gcc-6 -march=native -Q --help=target | grep march
$ gcc-6 -march=native -Q --help=target | grep sse3
$ gcc-6 -march=ivybridge -Q --help=target | grep sse3
It appears that specifying (in this case) "-march=ivybridge" which is
the native, isn't enough/the same as specifying -march=native?
In addition, the "cache sizes" don't seem to be called out with
"-march=ivybridge" as they are with "-march=native"
Anybody know what I'm missing here?