This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
AW: float behaivior on ARMv8-A
- From: N30dG <christian dot dreihsig at t-online dot de>
- To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 08:15:25 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: AW: float behaivior on ARMv8-A
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1462124797268-1259502 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <57272096 dot 5000003 at redhat dot com> <1462298729580-1260215 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <5728EE8E dot 7020207 at redhat dot com> <1464421039509-1267857 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <574AAE46 dot 707 at redhat dot com>
-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: float behaivior on ARMv8-A
Datum: 2016-05-29T10:55:10+0200
Von: "Andrew Haley [via gcc]" <ml-node+s1065356n1268020h87@n5.nabble.com>
An: "N30dG" <christian.dreihsig@t-online.de>
On 28/05/16 08:37, N30dG wrote:
> I was able to locate the Problem(s).
> And I think this maybe could be a gcc-bug. It seem's that sin() and
sqrt()
> works in less precision when compiled for AARCH64 (no ffast-math or other
> "unsafe" float-options enabled). I've worked that around by using sinl()
and
> sqrtl() and now everythink work's like expected. I'm note sure if this is
a
> bug or a normal behavior when compiling for different architectures.
>
> If this could be a bug and you need additional information feel free to
> write.
Sure. If there's anything we can do to zoom in on the problem that
would help. Significant inaccuracy in trig functions probably is a
bug.
Having said that, Standard C does not guarantee any particular
accuracy for these funtions. Also, this is probably not a bug in GCC
itself but in whatever C library you're using.
Andrew.
Okay pls give me, some Day's. I don't have the Time by now. But next Week I
have holidays and then I try to reproduce the problem in a small
test-programm an provide you all the Information's needed.
Greetings
Christian
------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
below:
http://gcc.1065356.n5.nabble.com/float-behaivior-on-ARMv8-A-tp1259502p1268020.html
<http://gcc.1065356.n5.nabble.com/float-behaivior-on-ARMv8-A-tp1259502p1268020.html>
To unsubscribe from float behaivior on ARMv8-A, click here
<http://gcc.1065356.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=1259502&code=Y2hyaXN0aWFuLmRyZWloc2lnQHQtb25saW5lLmRlfDEyNTk1MDJ8LTE0MDcwMTQ3NzU=>
.
NAML
<http://gcc.1065356.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
ï
<div style=\"border:0;border-bottom:1px solid black;width:100%;\">
Gesendet mit Telekom Mail <https://t-online.de/email-kostenlos> - kostenlos
und sicher fÃr alle!
--
View this message in context: http://gcc.1065356.n5.nabble.com/float-behaivior-on-ARMv8-A-tp1259502p1269020.html
Sent from the gcc - Help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.