This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC Spec file for ARMv8/Aarch64?
- From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail dot com>
- To: James Greenhalgh <james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>, nd at arm dot com
- Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 10:49:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: GCC Spec file for ARMv8/Aarch64?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAH8yC8=PnurTV2Su86YOqJuxJpN-Bwem6EcvE41M+zT7z9phNg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160526122615 dot GH18183 at arm dot com>
- Reply-to: noloader at gmail dot com
On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 8:26 AM, James Greenhalgh
<james.greenhalgh@arm.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 05:33:32AM -0400, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
>> I have a LeMaker HiKey dev board
>> (http://www.lemaker.org/product-hikey-index.html). Its ARMv8/Aarch64
>> with an 8-core A-53 processor.
>>
>> The problem I have is each time I SSH into the device I usually need
>> to do the following to get the Crypto extensions that are available
>> natively (GCC fails to consume `-march=native`):
>
> Is this failing because you are using a version of GCC which doesn't
> support it (it was a new feature in GCC 6 for AArch64), or because of a
> bug in the -march=native support?
The distribution is Linaro:
$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Debian
Description: Debian GNU/Linux 8.4 (jessie)
Release: 8.4
Codename: jessie
And the GCC version is:
$ gcc --version
gcc (Debian/Linaro 4.9.2-10) 4.9.2
I verified there are no outstanding updates available.
Jeff