This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
GCC 4.1.1 Solaris 10 installation
- From: "Joseph, Matthew" <matthew dot joseph at lmco dot com>
- To: "gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 16:35:36 +0000
- Subject: GCC 4.1.1 Solaris 10 installation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Hello,
I'm trying to build GCC 4.1.1 on a Solaris 10 Update 8 box but I'm running into an issue stating that libiberty.a: No such file or directory.
Here is some information.
cd /tmp/gcc4.1.1/objsrc/
/tmp/gcc-4.1.1/configure -prefix=/opt/gcc-4.1.1 -enable-languages=c,c++ --build=sparc-sun-solaris2.10
gmake all-gcc
gcc -g -02 -o fixincl finxcl.o fixtests.o fixfixes.o server.o procopen.o fixlib.o fixopts.o ../libiberty/libiberty.a
gcc: ../libiberty/libiberty.a: No such file or directory
gmake[1] *** [full-stamp] Error 1
gmake[1] Leaving directory '/tmp/gcc-4.1.1/objsrc/build-sparc-sun-solaris2.10/fixincludes'
gmake: *** [all-build-fixincludes] Error 2
What I did was copy the libiberty.a from /usr/sfw/lib/ into gcc-4.1.1/libiberty/ directory when I first started getting this error but that didn't help remedy this issue.
If anyone could help me with this issue that would be great.
If you need more information please let me know.
Thanks,
Matt