This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
WRF metgrid.exe : Note: The following floating-point exceptions are signalling: IEEE_OVERFLOW_FLAG IEEE_UNDERFLOW_FLAG IEEE_DENORMAL
- From: arindam ghosh <arindamgr at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 20:14:31 +0530
- Subject: WRF metgrid.exe : Note: The following floating-point exceptions are signalling: IEEE_OVERFLOW_FLAG IEEE_UNDERFLOW_FLAG IEEE_DENORMAL
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Dear All:
I'm on a 64-bit Fedora 23 machine with gcc/gfortran/g++ version
5.3.1-6. I'm trying to run metgrid.exe (
http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/docs/user_guide_V3.8/users_guide_chap3.htm
) with GFS data. Console output shows "Successful completion of
metgrid", but at the end there is "Note: The following floating-point
exceptions are signalling: IEEE_OVERFLOW_FLAG IEEE_UNDERFLOW_FLAG
IEEE_DENORMAL". is this error message due to some issues with gfortran
and cause metgrid.exe to behave erratically?
I would like to rebuild the metgrid.exe, but how to fix these
floating-point exceptions errors? please let me know if I have to add
some gfortran flags while compiling the code or anything else.
Thanking you,
Regards,
Arindam