This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: AIX: Ignore duplicate symbols in multiple headers?
- From: Vinh Nguyen <vinhdizzo at gmail dot com>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 14:40:28 -0700
- Subject: Re: AIX: Ignore duplicate symbols in multiple headers?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+2DmwjDO7JFSt7WqQ8PEL=e-4drncShCJ0jqvcKS861n3Rhxg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAH6eHdSSz+Kg-7D8Pt4FxsE3DzNQ4pYR0xTE2_kVv9CuTm=7Gw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CA+2DmwgRvs=-UT9pFK7ivMCCn4TPaY1dgfNnT9K4pUAE+a6CGQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAH6eHdQDbkXhSP6+x2cnb2ysK9WRzv9EiuXjz-uwuU3VgCNdyw at mail dot gmail dot com> <CA+2Dmwi4DPsT81x0vjMDSgLHueSgFWSi=vB5XXWkggKtbgFJTw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 7:14 AM, Vinh Nguyen <vinhdizzo@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 7:07 AM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Another option would be to build GCC with _XOPEN_SOURCE=700 defined,
>> or rebuild Python with the same _XOPEN_SOURCE value as GCC was built
>> with (which was probably not set at all when building GCC) so that
>> they agree.
>>
>> Possibly you just need to rebuild Python with that installation of
>> GCC, so that it uses the "include-fixed" headers from GCC.
>
> I won't be able to re-build GCC as I was lucky enough to find the
> binaries for AIX :).
>
> I could try to rebuild Python though. How do I find out what
> _XOPEN_SOURCE value was used when GCC was built? And once I know that
> value, how do I build Python with this value?
>
> Thanks so much for your help!
Jonathan,
Could you clarify on how to dtermine what value _XOPEN_SOURCE was gcc
built with, and how I could re-build python with the same value?
Thanks.
-- Vinh