This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Consult] tile: How to construct testsuite for tile architecture without hardware.
- From: Chen Gang <xili_gchen_5257 at hotmail dot com>
- To: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Cc: gcc-help <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 06:45:19 +0800
- Subject: Re: [Consult] tile: How to construct testsuite for tile architecture without hardware.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54BA30F3 dot 4080202 at sunrus dot com dot cn> <54BD2C5E dot 1070804 at ezchip dot com>,<54BDB71D dot 90703 at sunrus dot com dot cn> <54C39ECA dot 3000603 at sunrus dot com dot cn>,<BLU437-SMTP608E7DC685C8BE9CE6E98B9860 at phx dot gbl>,<BLU436-SMTP259B71CFECFA179081E925CB98C0 at phx dot gbl>,<55E27DB9 dot 6050606 at hotmail dot com>,<COL130-W261B4272A294A4075EE1C6B96C0 at phx dot gbl>,<560CB2C0 dot 7000107 at hotmail dot com>,<COL130-W48A514BEBDCF6DAD28464EB9490 at phx dot gbl> <COL130-W59BFED47DCFC251836366AB9480 at phx dot gbl> <BLU436-SMTP197ACB8628A8A46897DE470B93C0 at phx dot gbl> <BLU436-SMTP14931A61E2015F77B34948DB93B0 at phx dot gbl> <650AE6B5-5478-4692-8796-BF69DF6D3A91 at comcast dot net>,<562572E2 dot 6020308 at hotmail dot com>
On 10/20/15 02:26, Mike Stump wrote:
> On Oct 17, 2015, at 10:23 PM, Chen Gang <xili_gchen_5257@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> After fix one qemu issue about floating point insns, correct the related
>> environments (make some symbol links), and reconfig building options (so
>> support g++), the current gcc testsuite result are:
>>
>> Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â=== gcc Summary ===
>>
>> # of expected passes      Â78156
>Â
> Nice.
>Â
Thanks. :-)
>> # of unexpected failures    Â98
>Â
>> Welcome any ideas, suggestions, and completions.
>Â
> So, if you would like to do more work, and donât have any other plans, you could investigate the unexpected failures in the above, if you want. ÂI hesitate to say this, as the funnest work, is work that you want to do. ÂI would ask, what would you like to do next? ÂOther work, if you wanted to try your hand at something, would be to read through the PRs on the gcc web site, and find one that youâd like to fix and fix it.
>Â
At present, for me, I should continue analyzing the unexpected failures,
I have no any other choices: if I do not analyze tilegx gcc's issues, I
can not prove that these issues may be caused by qemu tilegx.
Â- I am almost sure that, tilegx qemu still has issues which cause some
 Âof the unexpected failures (e.g. about tgkill in tilegx qemu).
Â- I am almost sure that, the environments configuration still have
 Âissues (e.g. libstdc++ configuation, and gdb configuration).
Â- tilegx binutils maybe have issues, too (ld sometimes prints issues).
 Âand tilegx gcc must have issues, I should try to fix them (so I can
 Âcontinue tilegx qemu, or I can not prove they are not qemu's issue).
And excuse me, could your provide more details about "PRs", I don't know
anythings about it.
For my own idea, next:
Â- For qemu: implement qemu tilegx: implement all insns in user mode,
 Âthen implement system mode (I guess, I shall almost spend 1 years for
 Âit).
Â- For Linux kernel: learn mm (memory management), and make patches for
 Âit (maybe spend 1 years, more or less).
Â- For gcc/binutils: just like what I have done: building every archs'
 Âgcc/binutils/libc, building Linux kernel, run under qemu, then let
 Âgcc pass testsuite. Fix all related issues which I will meet.
Welcome any ideas, suggestions, and completions.
:-)
Thanks.
--Â
Chen Gang (éå)
Open, share, and attitude like air, water, and life which God blessed