This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Native GCC 4.9.0 Build Fails Building/Linking libgcc_s_so with Undefined Symbol


I successfully bootstrapped GCC 4.8.0 from 4.7.0...on my Android
tablet in the KBOX environment.

I'm now trying to bootstrap 4.9.0 from 4.8.0 on the same tablet, in
the same environment, but I'm running into a new error, in what I
believe is the target libgcc build/link:

fakechroot: dlopen: undefined symbol: dlopen
collect2:  error:  ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [libgcc_s.so] Error 1
make[3]:  Leaving directory '/bld/gcc/builddir-4.9/arm-linux-androideabi/libgcc'
*snip*

I realize that the fakechroot error comes...from my very limited
understanding...from a combination of the KBOX environment and
Bionic's lack of dlopen.  But, when bootstrapping 4.8.0 I was able to
get around this by specifying -ldl in LDFLAGS and LIBS when running
configure

../gcc-4.9.0/configure [bunch of options]
LDFLAGS='-Wl,--dynamic-linker=/system/bin/linker -lc -ldl -lgcc -lm
-lsupc++ -lgnustl_shared' LIBS='-lc -ldl -lgcc -lm -lsupc++
-lgnustl_shared'  *snip*

Any idea why doing the same with the 4.9.0 build is not working?  Any
ideas are appreciated...I've tried a bunch of things (exporting
X_FOR_TARGET variables, adding -L/dir/to/libdl.so and -ldl to various
places in the libgcc Makefile) and none have worked.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]