This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
GCC 4.9.2 w/binutils 2.24 compile error
- From: Uri Moszkowicz <uri at 4refs dot com>
- To: gcc-help <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 13:58:03 -0600
- Subject: GCC 4.9.2 w/binutils 2.24 compile error
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Hi,
I'm trying to build GCC 4.9.2 with binutils 2.24. I untarred GCC, ran
contrib/download_prerequisites, untarred binutils, and then linked
without overwriting all items from binutils into the GCC root
directory. I then ran configure and make from a directory parallel to
GCC as the directions state (I've also built GCC before). I also tried
with GCC 4.9.1 on SUSE10 and RHEL5 and got the same error, shown
below. I found a thread from Google suggesting that this error had
been fixed a while ago but clearly not. Any suggestions for how to
work around this problem?
Thanks,
Uri
/mnt/c/gcc/rhel5/./prev-gcc/xgcc -B/mnt/c/gcc/rhel5/./prev-gcc/
-B/med/d/gcc/gcc-4.9.2/rhel5/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/
-B/mnt/d/gcc/gcc-4.9.2/rhel5/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/
-B/mnt/d/gcc/gcc-4.9.2/rhel5/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/ -isystem
/mnt/d/gcc/gcc-4.9.2/rhel5/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/include -isystem
/mnt/d/gcc/gcc-4.9.2/rhel5/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/sys-include
-L/mnt/d/gcc/rhel5/./ld -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../gcc-4.9.2/gas
-I. -I../../gcc-4.9.2/gas -I../bfd -I../../gcc-4.9.2/gas/config
-I../../gcc-4.9.2/gas/../include -I../../gcc-4.9.2/gas/..
-I../../gcc-4.9.2/gas/../bfd
-DLOCALEDIR="\"/mnt/d/gcc/gcc-4.9.2/rhel5/share/locale\"" -W -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wshadow -Werror -g -O2
-gtoggle -MT subsegs.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/subsegs.Tpo -c -o subsegs.o
../../gcc-4.9.2/gas/subsegs.c
In file included from ../../gcc-4.9.2/gas/as.h:95:0,
from ../../gcc-4.9.2/gas/subsegs.c:25:
../../gcc-4.9.2/gas/subsegs.c: In function \u2018subseg_change\u2019:
../bfd/bfd.h:304:75: error: right-hand operand of comma expression has
no effect [-Werror=unused-value]
#define bfd_set_section_userdata(bfd, ptr, val) (((ptr)->userdata =
(val)),TRUE)
^
../../gcc-4.9.2/gas/subsegs.c:70:7: note: in expansion of macro
\u2018bfd_set_section_userdata\u2019
bfd_set_section_userdata (stdoutput, seg, seginfo);
^
../../gcc-4.9.2/gas/subsegs.c: In function \u2018subseg_get\u2019:
../bfd/bfd.h:304:75: error: right-hand operand of comma expression has
no effect [-Werror=unused-value]
#define bfd_set_section_userdata(bfd, ptr, val) (((ptr)->userdata =
(val)),TRUE)
^
../../gcc-4.9.2/gas/subsegs.c:172:7: note: in expansion of macro
\u2018bfd_set_section_userdata\u2019
bfd_set_section_userdata (stdoutput, secptr, seginfo);
^
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make[5]: *** [subsegs.o] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/mnt/d/gcc/rhel5/gas'
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/med/d/gcc/rhel5/gas'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/med/d/gcc/rhel5/gas'
make[2]: *** [all-stage2-gas] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/med/d/gcc/rhel5'
make[1]: *** [stage2-bubble] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/med/d/gcc/rhel5'
make: *** [all] Error 2