Excluding parts of the instruction set during compilation

Hello everybody,

I am currently working on a project for which I need to compile C-code using only a small subset of the available instruction set. So for example, instead of using add, addi, addiu and addu, I would like that the compiler is using just one of them. Is there a way, that this can be handled with gcc, for example by giving a list of not-to-use instructions at compile time?

Can anyone help?