This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Installing GCC components in separate directories


On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 1:04 PM, niXman <i.nixman@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2013/7/29 NightStrike:
>> Just out of curiosity, what purpose does this serve?
>
> Imagine that I have built MinGW with the support of all the listed
> above PL, but the user of the builds needs C only.
> I've heard many times that users are angry that they have to download
> the build archive, which is twice bigger, just because of the fact
> that this build includes the support for the PL unnecessary to the
> user.

You might want to check out how JonY packages things for cygwin.  They
split by language as I recall.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]