This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Standalone example of asm() in C++ code using gcc
- From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail dot com>
- To: Peng Yu <pengyu dot ut at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 07:14:02 -0400
- Subject: Re: Standalone example of asm() in C++ code using gcc
- References: <CABrM6wnviC+U0ZZUvzAQyiYOOFhaCRJoOii5kaWKEnKnYMNHjg at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: noloader at gmail dot com
On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 6:57 AM, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't find a good document in using asm() in gcc. I see some
> discussions on asm() here
> <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15534899/simple-x86-64-c-inline-assembly-hello-world-example>.
> Could any experts let me know where the document and tutorial for
> asm() in gcc are? Thanks.
There was some talk about updating the ASM docs a while backs; see
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2013-04/msg00193.html.
I don't know of any comprehensive tutorials that cover lots of small
details, so I'll have to retire on that question. The last time I
checked (a few years ago), many folks seemed to copy/paste the same
tutorial.
Jeff