This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Reporting GCC bugs


On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Torbjorn Granlund <tg@gmplib.org> wrote:
> Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> writes:
>
>   I'm certainly sorry to hear that you will not be reporting bugs for
>   GCC.  However, we have had spam in bugzilla in the past, and it's a
>   real pain to deal with.  It's even led us to being added to e-mail
>   blacklists, and cleaning that up was hours of my life that I will
>   never get back.  Requiring an account with a valid e-mail address is
>   an unfortunate necessity on the current Internet, at least for a
>   popular and well-known site like gcc.gnu.org.  I wish it were not so,
>   but the fault is not with the GCC project; it is with the spammers.
>
> Thanks for the reply!
>
> I had no idea this was due to spamming problems.
>
> I think the explanation you provide really should be on the page I
> indicated.

I added a note to http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/ .

Ian


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]