Re: gcc 4.6.2 build issue..

On 7 June 2012 14:29, Ravish123 wrote:

> I've asked you repeatedly if you've followed the instructions at
> http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/InstallingGCC and you claim to have done so,
> but your mail shows no evidence of it.
>
> Have you used the download_prerequisites script to build the support
> libraries in-tree?
>
>> Earlier I tried with download_prerequisites script but no use, because the
>> dependencies of gcc,
>> gmp, mpc and mpfr will get download and create a link that's it. script
>> will not build/compile gmp, mpc or >mpfr. we need to compile manually at
>> that only I got the error libgmp.so wrong file format

Just read the damn page and look at the damn example.

If those links are present then GCC builds them automatically for you.

If you have those links present then you don't need to build them separately.

It's really not complicated, I wrote that page describing the absolute
minimum needed, and you're refusing to follow the advice.

I won't be trying to help you any further, I have better things to do
than repeat myself to someone who won't listen, good luck.