Re: missing libraries under Kubuntu 12.04, 64 bit

Marc Glisse-6 wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Jun 2012, geezers wrote:
>
>> Using the same make file that worked for years, but getting linker errors
>> for unresolved externals. The compilation gives me warnings about needing
>> format string for fprintf, but that is because the format string used has
>> no
>> '%' specifiers (I assume that is the reason it doesn't like the format
>> string) and about ignoring function return values. I was going to fix
>> those
>> but decided to leave as is. Other than the warning messages, the
>> compilation
>> gives no errors.
>
> If you want advice on those, you should show the exact message and the
> code...

Nope only included since I thought it might be relevant to let you know that
there were no errors, just warnings.

Marc Glisse-6 wrote:

>> The relevant make file line is:
>>
>> $(CC) -o $@ -ldl -rdynamic $(OBJS)
>
> If A depends on B, put A before B on the line (A is $(OBJS) and B is
> -ldl).
>
>> I created links in /lib as:
>
> Never do that!
>
> --
> Marc Glisse

Okay that fixed the problem. Also, I deleted the links.

Curious that the makefile worked for the previous years (at least 10) with
no problem. Maybe the latest  'make' is more strict regarding interpreting
the rules ??

Thank you very much for fixing that for me. I would never have thought the
makefile to be the problem after using it with no problem and no changes for
so many years.