This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: AVX types: __m256d versus __v4sd


>>>>> "ILT" == Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> writes:

ILT> Ah, sorry, I misunderstand.

Or I misthought.  Distracted by impending dinner. :-/

ILT> For the Intel intrinsics, use __m64 and friends.
ILT> For the __builtin_ia32 functions, it's OK to use __v2df and friends.
ILT> I recommend using the Intel intrinsics instead.  They are easier to
ILT> understand and use correctly.

And I conflated the two.  I used the functions defined in <x86intrin.h>
and friends, but with __v2df and v4sf args and returns.  And though of
them as two sides of the same coin.

Which probably is why I misremembered what I wrote when I replied here.

-JimC (waiting on the oven :)
-- 
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]