This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Compiling programs for ARM ?
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Jason White <whitewaterssoftwareinfo at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 21:00:16 -0800
- Subject: Re: Compiling programs for ARM ?
- Authentication-results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of iant@google.com designates 10.68.202.135 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=iant@google.com; dkim=pass header.i=iant@google.com
- References: <CAOFvGD5j3eqR66kn=8xUdxRkF378kJHP2XBmQEDUCVrrwhh1PA@mail.gmail.com>
Jason White <whitewaterssoftwareinfo@gmail.com> writes:
> Short Version: Hello, I'm trying to get started with an ARM processor with
> the GCC compiler. Does anyone have any tips as for getting compiled
> programs to run on the target processor ? (Can you just plop the output
> of gcc straight into an arm processor ?)
It depends on what OS the ARM processor is running.
> Long Version: I have a STM32F103 processor on a development board,
> I am trying to get my compiled programs to run on it. However all it does
> is play dead with GCC's output. I am using the `arm-linux-gnueabi`
> package from the ubuntu repository.
If the ARM processor is running some version of GNU/Linux, then, yes,
you should be able to just copy a binary built with that compiler over
to the ARM board and run it.
Ian