This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Which GUI IDE &/or Framework for newbie C/C++ Windows Dev?
- From: Mel_3 <myemaillist at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 15:11:34 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Which GUI IDE &/or Framework for newbie C/C++ Windows Dev?
The project will be developed on a Windows machine and it will be the
development of a normal Windows GUI type Application.
1 - Which IDE &/or Framework do you guys suggest I start with for a Windows
Project? Eclipse, Code Blocks, minGW or what?
1a - Actually that brings up another question... if developing on a Windows
machine... must I use the minGW port of VCC? I'm a little confused as I
thought there was a version of VCC that would run right on a MS Windows
machine... or is that in fact minGW? And, is minGW as developed as VCC?
2 - Do all of these IDE's have debuggers that can set Break Points, create
Watches, and have an Immediate Window for evaluating variables or whatever?
3 - Any pro's & con's would be helpful as I hate to get started with one to
& find out later I blew days or weeks on the wrong one :)
Thanks for the help. I'm excited about working with the GCC compiler.
--
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Which-GUI-IDE---or-Framework-for-newbie-C-C%2B%2B-Windows-Dev--tp33440463p33440463.html
Sent from the gcc - Help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.