This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Compiling and building GCJ
- From: Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Me Myself and I <stargate7thsymbol at live dot co dot uk>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 11:28:17 +0000
- Subject: Re: Compiling and building GCJ
- Authentication-results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of jwakely.gcc@gmail.com designates 10.112.38.100 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=jwakely.gcc@gmail.com; dkim=pass header.i=jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
- References: <BAY147-W288FC78B943FB52BD48297D06B0@phx.gbl> <FF3C311ED8CA494BBA16BD88D8756C0C@desktop2> <BAY147-W363C3B3100E8DF315C01CCD06B0@phx.gbl> <418BF7963F914614B0CC31F6DF41CB6C@desktop2> <83mx87s98f.fsf@gnu.org> <94A2B27145A446C7ADFE1650F3742448@desktop2> <83d393s68h.fsf@gnu.org> <BAY147-W349EE06DED2CF3439A646FD06B0@phx.gbl> <83boons4ac.fsf@gnu.org> <BAY147-W5D5811BD1DDAE781EAFC3CC6B0@phx.gbl> <BAY147-W648ED9BABC8089D6B069D1D0680@phx.gbl> <BAY147-W5272C89F7640565FF4FB74CC680@phx.gbl> <BAY147-W867F1986291421088AE6ED0680@phx.gbl> <BAY147-W53ED28B35BCEEA8EED2E48CC680@phx.gbl> <BAY147-W367DEE8C6BE8A49460418DD0690@phx.gbl> <CAH6eHdTfBro089o-d4P3+pzhiFCK105NMqOR2DwH3s-gJo8j4A@mail.gmail.com> <4F4B4C5A.3000705@redhat.com> <BAY147-W594F45667B67BA4B117FD0D0690@phx.gbl> <BAY147-W2491B78AED00EA8A1377E8D06F0@phx.gbl> <CAH6eHdQD+rZeP5QzDfQiR=UYARQcbVrcVJSS6sKH2VmF5TfCSg@mail.gmail.com> <BAY147-W35E5D7029DBB4D1AEFC8B4D06F0@phx.gbl>
On 29 February 2012 04:02, Me Myself and I <stargate7thsymbol@live.co.uk> wrote:
>
> I have been following these instructions.
>
> I run the command:
> pwd
> /home/User/compiler
>
> ./../gcc-4.6.2/contrib/download_prerequisites;
On the InstallingGCC wiki page I specifically wrote "run the
./contrib/download_prerequisites script in the GCC source directory."
It doesn't say "run the ./../gcc-4.6.2/contrib/download_prerequisites
script in the objdir."
I don't know how I could have written it more clearly.
Rich Cook was right, the Universe is winning.