This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: What exactly does is_variable_sized test for?


On Feb 22, 2012, at 11:41 AM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> Amittai Aviram <amittai.Aviram@yale.edu> writes:
> 
>> Unpacking the macros, I get
>>  return !expr->common.type->type.size_unit->base.constant_flag;

> By the way, don't try to unpack the macros.  Instead, look for the
> definitions in tree.h and read the comments there.  Unpacking the macros
> is complicated and is far more confusing than helpful.
> 
> Ian

Thanks a lot for the information and the advice.  I do have to unpack the macros sometimes when I want to verify a value while running GCC under GDB.

Amittai Aviram
PhD Student in Computer Science
Yale University
646 483 2639
amittai.aviram@yale.edu
http://www.amittai.com


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]