This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Gcc 4.6.2 can't find crti.asm crtn.asm for AMD Opteron
- From: Thomas Bodine <bo_dance at yahoo dot com>
- To: "gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 04:51:18 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Gcc 4.6.2 can't find crti.asm crtn.asm for AMD Opteron
- References: <1328269547.29858.YahooMailNeo@web110703.mail.gq1.yahoo.com>
- Reply-to: Thomas Bodine <tom at tommythegeek dot com>
I am trying to build HPC High Performance Linpack .
??? I have figured out how to build it on SUSE. On Suse I must build
??? a complete gcc 4.6.2 compiler from the ground up. Then ACML,
??? openMPI, and HPL.
??? When I build gcc, for each package I run configure with these arguments:
??? ??? parentDir=where I want to put it like /opt or /usr/local
??? ??? export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$parentDir/lib:/usr/local/lib:/lib"
??? ??? export PATH=$parentDir/bin:$PATH
??? ??? dirArgs="--prefix=$parentDir --exec-prefix=$parentDir"
??? ??? gmpArgs="--with-gmp-include=$parentDir/include/ --with-gmp-lib=$parentDir/lib"
??? The dirArgs are used for every package, the gmpArgs are used only for
??? the packages that need GMP.
??? I have a problem compiling HPL under RedHat:
??? ??? 1. If I try compiling in the same way I do under SUSE, I see
??? ??? ??? "cannot find crti.o" and "cannot find crtn.o" from
??? ??? ??? $parentDir/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ld
??? ??? but there is a crti.o and crtn.o in
??? ??? ??? /usr/lib/x86_64-redhat-linux5E/lib64
??? ??? I suspect gcc is trying to compile 32 bit even though I used
??? ??? this command when configuring gcc:
??? ??? ./configure --prefix=$parentDirectory --exec-prefix=$parentDirectory \
??? ??? --with-gmp-include=$parentDirectory/include/ --with-gmp-lib=$parentDirectory/lib --with-multilib-list=m64
??? ??? 2. So then I tried compiling libc where I get this error:
??? ??? ??? $parentDir/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find crt1.o: No such file or directory
??? ??? ??? $parentDir/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find crti.o: No such file or directory
??? ??? ??? $parentDir/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find crtbegin.o: No such file or directory
??? ??? ??? $parentDir/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc
??? ??? ??? $parentDir/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s
??? ??? ??? $parentDir/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc
??? ??? ??? $parentDir/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s
??? ??? ??? $parentDir/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find crtend.o: No such file or directory
??? ??? ??? $parentDir/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find crtn.o
??? ??? ??? ??? ???
??? ??? And try as I? might I can't seem to find a crtl.asm crti.asm
??? ??? crtend.asm for X86_64 or in my case AMD Opteron.??? ??? ???
??? ??? What do I do next?
?
#-------------------------------------------------------
# Thomas Bodine, http://www.tommythegeek.com
# Dancing to the music life has given me.
# Skipper S/V Frimi WWP 19 #1029