This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Build a cross compiler for Android target (arm)


BERTRAND Joel a écrit :
Jeffrey Walton a écrit :
On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 2:32 AM, Kai Ruottu<kai.ruottu@wippies.com>
wrote:
15.10.2011 12:41, BERTRAND Joel kirjoitti:

I'm trying to build a cross compiler for Android target as I want to
obtain a Fortran compiler.

Of course, I have installed android ndk to have sysroot.
Build process stops with :

checking whether the
/home/bertrand/android/ndk/compilers/gcc-build/./gcc/xgcc
-B/home/bertrand/android/ndk/compilers/gcc-build/./gcc/
-B/home/bertrand/android/ndk/compilers/arm-android-eabi/bin/
-B/home/bertrand/android/ndk/compilers/arm-android-eabi/lib/ -isystem
/home/bertrand/android/ndk/compilers/arm-android-eabi/include -isystem
/home/bertrand/android/ndk/compilers/arm-android-eabi/sys-include
linker
(/home/bertrand/android/ndk/compilers/gcc-build/./gcc/collect-ld)
supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... no
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking for shl_load... configure: error: Link tests are not allowed
after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
make[1]: *** [configure-target-libstdc++-v3] Erreur 1

Ok, you have the GCC binaries ready (in $build/gcc) and also libgcc (in $build/libgcc) and then your build crashes when trying to configure libstdc++-v3 ... The C parts are OK, but getting the C++ library fails. So what would be the sane reaction in this situation?

For me it would be to try to compile and link a simple "Hello
World" app with the new GCC... But maybe Android is too weird
for this, no experience about whether it even supports simple
"console" apps in a terminal window, requiring some really
complex application as that "Hello World".
Google has their own stdc and stdc++, which has some compilation
problems. Search the Android NDK group
(http://groups.google.com/group/android-ndk) and the Android Issue
List (http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/list). See, for example,
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=14559.

Thanks a lot for your answer, but I have search a long time before posting here... And I have found no real solution. Some people seem to have the same problem and I'm not able to find any solution.

Regards,

JKB


--
Dr. BERTRAND Joël
SYSTELLA S.A.R.L., 10, place de l'école, 68000 COLMAR, FRANCE
Tél.: +33 (0) 973870201, GSM: +33 (0) 616018060, Fax: +33 (0) 149297395
http://www.systella.fr


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]