This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Compiling gcc 4.5.3


On Oct 15, 2011, at 3:30 pm, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

> On 15 October 2011 22:59, Daniel Fulton wrote:
>> 
>> I actually successfully compiled 4.5.3 and installed in /usr/local/ without any special flags, but naively removed the build directory, not realizing that it was required by the installed binaries.
> 
> The build directory is definitely not required by the installed binaries.

When I tried to use the compiler, I thought it reported missing files in a path in the deleted build dir... probably a mistake on my part.  I can't reproduce that error message at this point because I deleted those binaries for a fresh install.  It seems I've somehow messed up my libcpp while trying to reinstall?


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]