This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 4.6.1 bootstrap failure on ia64
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: salvatore dot filippone at uniroma2 dot it
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 20:20:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: 4.6.1 bootstrap failure on ia64
- References: <1318583001.3486.32.camel@localhost.localdomain>
Salvatore Filippone <salvatore.filippone@uniroma2.it> writes:
> I have access to a relatively old Itanium cluster, which I do not
> control, and am trying to build 4.6 (0 and 1) as well as the current
> trunk, but I keep getting bootstrap failures; I am stuck with a snapshot
> of trunk from last January, some time after that it just stopped
> building.
> This is the error message:
> ===============================================================
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home3/pasqua/GNUBUILD/obj-4.6.1'
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home3/pasqua/GNUBUILD/obj-4.6.1'
> rm -f stage_current
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home3/pasqua/GNUBUILD/obj-4.6.1'
> Comparing stages 2 and 3
> warning: gcc/cc1-checksum.o differs
> warning: gcc/cc1plus-checksum.o differs
> Bootstrap comparison failure!
> gcc/insn-emit.o differs
> gcc/sel-sched-ir.o differs
> make[2]: *** [compare] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home3/pasqua/GNUBUILD/obj-4.6.1'
> make[1]: *** [stage3-bubble] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home3/pasqua/GNUBUILD/obj-4.6.1'
> make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
> [pasqua@n64 obj-4.6.1]$ uname -a
> Linux n64 2.4.21-15.11hp.XCsmp #1 SMP Wed Dec 22 09:45:49 EST 2004 ia64 ia64 ia64 GNU/Linux
> ================================================================
>
> Any suggestions as to what to try next?
Compare insn-emit.o and sel-sched-ir.o in the stage2/gcc and stage3/gcc
directories, and find out how they differ.
Ian