This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: __builtin_choose_expr


On Monday, October 10, 2011 9:16 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

The patch looks fine to me.  You should move it to trunk and submit it
to gcc-patches.

Thanks for checking it for me! I have done more work on it today so that it works correctly with templates as well. I will merge the patch now across to trunk and check that all my test-cases still work correctly and then put it forward to gcc-patches.


The only area which I haven't successfully managed to implement __builting_choose_expr is in within an auto return type, for example:

template <int i>
constexpr auto test() -> decltype(__builtin_choose_expr(i, 1, 2))
 { return __builtin_choose_expr(i, 1, 2); }

GCC gives up with "sorry, unimplemented: mangling choose_expr" since I didn't think myself qualified to make alterations to GCC in this area. In honest, I'm not entirely sure that alterations should be necessary... but how to solve this, I don't know.

You will probably need to sign a copyright assignment;
let me know if you want to start that process.

Yes, please, if you could point me in the right direction to do this.


Many thanks

Andy



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]