This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |
| Other format: | [Raw text] | |
Jon Grant<jg@jguk.org> writes:
a) I would like to know if is possible to set a section prefix (or suffix) on all symbols. I was hoping to find something like: --section-prefix=module_name ? Then when compiling those object files and creating library my makefile would have passed that argument to gcc.
gcc does not support any such option.
Note that your linker script can assign input sections to output sections using the name of the file in which the input section is defined. So you may be able to sort things out that way.
b) is it possible overlay RAM section mapping? e.g. I have a two buffers for two different filesystems that are slightly different sizes. Only one filesystem will ever be active at the same time, so I would like to overlay these in the memory map, so that only the larger of the two areas is visible. Saving the smaller area from the memory map!
Look for OVERLAY in the linker documentation.
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |