This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: compile kernel
Thank you for reply
On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 4:55 AM, Pelle Windestam <pelle@windestam.se> wrote:
>>
>> $ gcc acct.c -o ac
>> acct.c:46: fatal error: linux/mm.h: No such file or directory
>> compilation terminated.
>>
>
> That is because gcc does not know where to look for the included
> mm.h-file, the gcc compiler needs to be specifically told where to
> look for include files if they are not in the standard directories.
> You can do that by passing it the -I option followed by the directory
> to look in.
You mean I must put the address of library when I try to compile if yes.
~/linux-2.6.39.3/kernel the file is in this place (acct.c).
Could you give me form of compile command it can be like this
gcc -i ~/linux-2.6.39.3/kernel acct.c -o acct
esmaeil