Re: installtion gcc-3.4.6 ./gcov-io.c:94

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
> esmaeil mirzaee <esmaeil.debian@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> simplescalar is a simulation to simulate your idea about next
>> generation of CPU, cache, so on. if you read computer architecture and
>> organization book by P&H, It works with this simulation. The link
>> address is www.simplescalar.com
>
> OK, but what does that have to do with wanting to use gcc 3.4?

If you see the link, It must be install without any problem but
unfortunately it does not work very well.

> Why not just use the version of gcc which is already built and available
> for your OS?
Because It's related to cross compiler, let me I describe an example:
I will work cache performance in ARM cpu and MIPS cpu. someone said to
me you need to install gcc-3.4 for cross compiler.
http://ce.sharif.edu/~haghdoost/mypages/simplescalar.html
some one else said you need gcc-2.7
http://www.igoy.in/simplescalar-installation-made-simple/

My knowledge in programming is weak I will be happy to introduce me a
book or any suggestion to increase my information.
I'm so sorry for waste your valuable time.
and Thank you very much for your help