Re: How to get C++ exceptions to work with PowerPC EABI

"R. Diez" <rdiezmail-gcc@yahoo.de> writes:

> Inside main(), I can see the __eabi() call, which in turn calls
> __init(). I heard the C++ exception support is initialised there, but
> I don't know what I should provide for it to work properly. Maybe I'm
> discarding one section too many at the linker, although I did try to
> keep the .eh_frame ones. Or maybe I'm not initialising some global
> register properly in my start-up assembly code.

Make sure that something is calling __register_frame_info or
__register_frame_info_bases.

> Can someone provide me with step-by-step instructions on how to setup
> the necessary C++ exception support framework? What could I be
> missing?

I can't do that, but I can point you at

http://www.airs.com/blog/archives/460
http://www.airs.com/blog/archives/462
http://www.airs.com/blog/archives/464

which may help you figure out what is going wrong.

Ian