This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Local variables


Abdul Wahid Memon <engrwahidmemon@gmail.com> writes:

> Yes. It is working when I am not in ssa mode (in ompexp) but there is
> again a problem with function call that I have declared and inserted
> in the code and the error is the following when my pass is before ompexp:
>
> RDOT/2(-1) @0x7fd2fbe38840 availability:not_available reachable body
>  called by: main/0 (1.00 per call) main/0 (1.00 per call) main/0
> (1.00 per call) main/0 (1.00 per call)
>  calls:
>  References:
>  Refering this function:
> hello.c:21:1: internal compiler error: failed to reclaim unneeded function
> Please submit a full bug report,
> with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

That makes it look like you have introduced a new function which nothing
calls.  Perhaps you are accidentally defining a new function rather than
declaring it?

> The same thing is working when I put my pass before optimized pass.
> The definition of this function is in other file which will be linked
> at link time and is defined external there. For the moment, I passed
> constant integer (just to resolve the issue). So let suppose I want to
> modify a variable at "optimized" pass i,e when ssa is over, how can I
> modify a variable?

After SSA you are in RTL, not GIMPLE, where things are different.

Ian


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]