This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: 4.6.1-RC1: Using LTO in canadian cross


Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Georg-Johann Lay <avr@gjlay.de> writes:
> 
>> Tryint to use LTO with a canadian cross gcc I get the following error
>> message:
>>
>> e:/winavr/4.6.1/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.6.1/../../../../avr/bin/ld.exe:
>> unrecognized option '-plugin'
>>
>> It's binutils 2.21 configured
>>
>> Configured with: ../../source/binutils-2.21/configure --target=avr
>> --prefix=/local/gnu/install/gcc-4.6-mingw32 --host=i586-mingw32
>> --build=i686-linux-gnu
> 
> You need to configure with --enable-plugins.  But I'll add that I don't
> know whether plugins work on a Windows host.  They may work; I just
> don't know.

Thanks. Building with --enable-plugins breaks. Apparently canadian
cross + plugins are not very well supported :-(

http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2011-06/msg00283.html

Johann


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]