This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Missing pwl library?
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: David Doria <daviddoria at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 22:42:01 -0700
- Subject: Re: Missing pwl library?
- References: <BANLkTi=t4rL03HEk18=98nNUvzrG_bOuEA@mail.gmail.com>
David Doria <daviddoria@gmail.com> writes:
> I am trying to build gcc. Configure seemed to finish successfully. Now
> when I run 'make', I get:
>
> configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> The only thing that looks out of place in config.log is:
>
> cannot find -lpwl
>
> I googled for -lpwl and pwl but I didn't find anything. What is this
> library/where can I get the source to build it?
The error message is unnecessarily confusing, and you are looking in the
wrong config.log. You do not need the pwl library.
The answer to your question is:
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/FAQ#Configuration_fails_with_.27.27configure:_error:_cannot_compute_suffix_of_object_files:_cannot_compile.27.27._What_is_the_problem.3F
Ian