This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: configuring gcc 4.6 to use gold for LTO plugin


On 7 June 2011 15:19, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7 June 2011 14:53, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
>> Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Oh ... or does all that configury only affect whether
>>> -fuse-linker-plugin is enabled by default, and I can make it work with
>>> gold by using -fuse-linker-plugin on the command line when I use
>>> -flto?
>>
>> Yes, that is the only effect of the configure test, and, yes, it should
>> work to use -fuse-linker-plugin by hand.
>
> I tried that and got an error from gold saying -plugin was an unknown
> option, so somehow my binutils build disabled plugins for gold but not
> bfd.

I was misled by the fact my ld.bfd supports (or claims to support)
plugins and assumed --enable-plugins was the default, but it's not.

After adding --enable-plugins I get a plugin-enabled ld and ld.gold as
well as a plugin-enabled ld.bfd.

Now to rebuild gcc to use it.

Thanks for your help, Ian.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]