This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Further GCJ questions.


On 7 June 2011 01:36, Zachary Mitchell wrote:
> I have read the replies to this message, and have unfortunately found
> it doesn't seem to answer my questions

What part of http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2011-05/msg00411.html
didn't answer your questions?

Are you not receiving Andrew's replies?  He pointed you to that mail
again the other day.

> [I have been handed back and forth a bit between the MINGW32
> help people and here, apparently the place for GCJ Help]
> ?I wish to install the GCJ version 4.6.0 on MINGW32:
> ?I wish to compile it from source. ?I have read the documentation,
> ?and don't find it useful for my situation.
> I am running the MinGW32 environment, which has
> gcc already installed as part of it's default MSYS 1.0
> installation. ?I ask the following:
> -How do I
> $> ./configure;make;install; GCJ 4.6
> with success under mingw32?

If you'd read the GCC install documentation (or Andrew's reply to you
last month) you'd know you should not run ./configure:
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/FAQ#configure

If you are unsure what options to give to configure then get hold of a
working GCJ for mingw32 and run "gcj -v" which will show you how it
was configured.  You can probably use the same options.

> -Does the GCJ 4.6.0 allow java code to be compiled
> into Linux/Mac/Windows executables,
> ie machine code for those operating systems?

See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2011-05/msg00411.html

> -Even failing my verey first question, for a small Test.java program,
> could I be given an example gcj command line
> for a platform specific binary compilation?

See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2011-05/msg00411.html

> -Is 4.6.0 considered stable, and does it support
> new things in Java like Generics/autoboxing-unboxing/annotations/Enums?

See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2011-05/msg00411.html

> -Does it work of a PATH/CLASSPATH variable?

See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2011-05/msg00411.html


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]