This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: sigsegv on aix with gcc
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: JÄdrzej Dudkiewicz <jedrzej dot dudkiewicz at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-help <gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 11:59:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: sigsegv on aix with gcc
- References: <BANLkTinf+-rp+PPha8ZNRBh5663pHHTLmQ@mail.gmail.com>
On 06/06/11 11:43, JÄdrzej Dudkiewicz wrote:
> I maintain an application (rather large) for AIX (among others). When
> compiled with any level of optimization, it always crashes, always in
> the same place. What's funny, the same thing happens when I compile on
> AIX 4.3 with g++ 3.3.2 and on AIX 5.2 with g++ 4.5.3. Here are stack
> traces, both from our AIX 5.3 machine:
>
> Juding by results (same compiler, same place) an error must be quite
> obvious and in my code, but I have no idea what I should check. I
> tried increasing stack size, adding -fno-strict-aliasing and few more,
> but to no avail.
>
> Can you give me ANY pointers regarding further steps? Thanks in advance.
You're just going to have to debug it. Assuming you've done the obvious
checking compile-time warning messages, it's time to break out the
debugger.
Andrew.