This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: gcc without ld.so


"Bill Cunningham" <billcun@suddenlink.net> writes:

>    Is there a way to build a compiler without the binaries when run
> not having to link with the dynamic linker? I wish to compile a new
> glibc and don't want the compiler I build it with to be dependant on
> it. Would the -static linker switch be what I'm looking for?

Yes: if you link with -static, then the dynamic linker will not be
required at runtime.  While glibc frowns on static linking, it should
work for a program like gcc.

Ian


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]