This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: gcc 4.6.0


Jonathan Wakely wrote:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2011-06/msg00066.html

Do you not believe all the documentation saying that configuring
inside the source tree might fail?

That's the key word *might*. What I read is that it hasn't had extensive testing. I should never have tried a build directory inside the source tree though because that is definately not supported.


Even when doing so causes your build to fail, and not doing so causes
it to succeed?

That's quite probably then what the problem was. This is the first version of gcc I've ever compiled that wasn't within the source directory. This version is evidently a "bird of a different feather".


Bill


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]