This is the mail archive of the
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: dwarf2 error
Hi Ian,
Thanks for the reply.
I am using gdb-7.2 version and my target is Xilinx microblaze.
Thanks,
Nagaraju M
On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 9:05 PM, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
> naga raj <gnuuser.raj@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> ? ?I have ported Gcc-4.6 to an embedded target. I have made dwarf2
>> debugging information as default.
>>
>> ? ?My error is that my GDB is unable to display local variables of
>> main function in one of my application program.
>>
>> ? ?It is giving error as -------> Could not find the frame base for "main".
>>
>> ? But it has all the frame information correctly and backtrace command
>> in gdb is also working fine.
>>
>> ? The same application program is displaying local variables with
>> Dwarf3 debugging information.
>>
>> ? I have debugged it an came to know that my GCC generating wrong
>> loc_ptr address so as a result it is generating that error print
>> statement.
>>
>> ?Is it a bug or my assumption is wrong??
>
> Which version of gdb? ?It is often the case that newer versions of gcc
> require newer versions of gdb.
>
> It is also possible that there is a bug in gcc, but you didn't provide
> enough information to know.
>
> Ian
>