This is the mail archive of the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: gcc-4.6.0 breaks


Dennis Clarke wrote:
    My gcc-4.6.0 compilation after compiling for quite some time
decided to
break with an error to stderr of something like not recognized object
files.
I am compiling with gcc-3.3.6. This can sure be nerve racking. Does
anyone know what this means?


How would anyone even begin to help with this email content ?


Okay, so let's see, so you're running Debian Linux on a DEC alpha and
you are trying to bootstrap GCC 4.6.0 while using GCC 3.3.6 with
binutils maybe maybe not and your configure line was black magic
while facing east with a dead cat under a rising moon ?

My guess is that you need to face west.

Try again with some content please !

I didn't get a log of stderr. I wish I had it turned on now. I'm using an old RH 9 for the i686 and binutils-2.21 along with gcc-3.3.6. I have have gmp mpfc and mpc all installed and I am using make-3.82. I was rather surprised when it broke. If I try again I will get a stderr log.


Bill


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]